Are your little kids intrigued by zoo animals? Perhaps you’re doing a zoo animal themed unit study. Here’s a free printable activity that is perfect for just that: Zoo Animals Memory Game. I used to love playing ‘Memory’ when I was young. And as a mom, I try to encourage my young kids to engage in this brain boosting, memory building, play based learning game.
Zoo Animals Memory Game
Playing ‘Memory’ is really simple. I’ve put step-by-step instructions below, just in case you’ve forgotten how to play. But before we get into the game mechanics, be sure to print the Zoo Animals Memory Game Printable <<< Click on this link to get the Free Printable. Cut then laminate.
How to Play with this Zoo Animals Memory Game:
This game is best played with 2-4 players.
- Turn all the cards face down. Be sure to mix them up.
- Let the first player open 2 cards. Flip the 2 cards, face up. But leave the cards in its exact spot.
- If the player successfully opens 2 of the same cards (or a pair), this player gets to keep the pair. And gets another turn of opening 2 more cards.
- If the player opens up 2 different cards. S/he simply puts the cards back, face down. Make sure to leave the cards in the same spot.
- The next player takes a turn in opening 2 cards. And the game goes on with all players getting a turn.
The game ends when there are no more cards left. The player with the most pairs wins.
If you are looking for more Zoo Animal themed activities for Kindergarten, here are some ideas:
A Day at the Columbus Zoo – Something 2 Offer
Zoo Animal Printable Worksheet -Schooling a Monkey
And if the kids want to make some zoo animal crafts, try these: