French Toast is a great way to add eggs into the diets of picky eaters. Try this easy French Toast recipe for kids to give kids a nutrient packed breakfast (or snack)…
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 slices of bread
- Ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- Optional: Strawberries, Bananas or other fruit
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl. Set aside.
- Set frying pan to medium-high heat. Add butter, swirling the pan to let the melted butter coat the base of the pan.
- Dip a bread slice in the egg-milk mixture, coating both sides. Cook in pan with butter for approximately 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- Sprinkle French Toasts with ground cinnamon.
- Serve with maple syrup and sliced fruit. Enjoy!
Note: The kids get a kick of fanned strawberries on their plate. It’s pretty and it helps make the meal look more appetizing. To do this, simply cut off the green stem, then create 5-6 slits vertically from the tip of the strawberry (without slicing up to the very end of the strawberry). Carefully slide out the strawberries, creating a fan.