My kids absolutely love these super moist chocolate brownies! And whenever we make these, everyone else loves them that we are always asked for the recipe. But best of all, these brownies are super easy to make. It’s so easy that my 9-year old can actually make them all on her own. This is definitely one of our favorite kid friendly recipes.
What you need for these Super Moist Chocolate Brownies:
- 250g. unsalted butter (melted in the microwave for 30 seconds)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (we like combining milk and dark chocolate chips, or sometimes we use 300g. of chopped up blocks of milk/dark/white chocolate)
- Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts
How to make these Super Moist Chocolate Brownies:
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius and grease or line a 13 x 9 ½ inch baking pan.
2. Pour melted butter into a large mixing bowl. Add the cocoa powder and stir well until blended. Add the sugar and mix well. Add the eggs and mix till combined. Add the vanilla, salt and flour, and stir until just mixed together. Do not overbeat. Stir in chocolate chips (and walnuts) until just combined.
3. Pour and spread the chocolate brownie batter in prepared baking pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes (or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean). Let cool and cut into 35 one-inch squares. Enjoy!
And here are the kids making these super moist chocolate brownies all on their own (and they really did make it all on their own that’s why my hands were free to take photos!)…
Optional Step: Dust these super moist chocolate brownies with icing sugar for presentation.
Additional Tip: Make these super moist chocolate brownies days ahead, because it freezes well, wrapped in plastic. Microwave the brownies for 10-20 seconds and enjoy it warm.
31 Days of Kids Kitchen Activities