We have Star Wars fans at home and loads of recyclables (especially toilet paper rolls!). So this school holidays, we made an attempt to upcycle toilet paper rolls and egg cartons into this Star Wars Craft: Darth Vader and Storm Troopers. My school aged kids (5-9 years old) loved this activity, but it’s a great craft for preschool kids too.
Materials needed for this Star Wars Craft:
- Toilet paper rolls (1 for Darth Vader and more for the Storm Troopers)
- Egg carton
- Star Wars Craft: Darth Vader and Storm Troopers Free Printable by Kidz Activities
- Black coloured paper
- Red Craft Match Stick (or a tooth pick with tips cut off and painted red)
- Black paint
- White paint
- PVA Glue
How to make this Star Wars Craft:
1. Cut the egg cartons individually and shape them to look like helmets (check out our video below to see how we did it).
2. Paint one toilet paper roll and one egg carton helmet black for Darth Vader. Then paint the rest white for the Storm Troopers. (The kids loved this part!)
3. When the painted toilet paper rolls and egg cartons are dry, apply some PVA glue on the top part of one toilet paper roll and secure the egg carton on top.
4. Cut out Darth Vader’s mask and chest panel from the Star Wars Craft: Darth Vader and Storm Troopers Free Printable. Stick these on the toilet paper roll.
5. Using the black toilet paper roll as a guide, cut out a portion of the black coloured paper to make Darth Vader’s cape. Stick this on with PVA glue.
6. Apply some PVA glue to the side of the black toilet paper roll then stick the red craft match stick to pretend this is Darth Vader’s lightsaber.
6. Do steps #3 and #4 for the Storm Troopers.
Here’s a short video on How to Make this Star Wars Craft:
Did your kids like this Star Wars Craft? We’d love to see your creations! Share them on the Kidz Activities Facebook page! Also, Follow Kidz Activities on Pinterest and Instagram to get more craft inspirations!
Disclosure: Some item links in this post may be affiliate links. They are there for your convenience.