Are you looking for an easy Christmas ornament craft for toddlers and preschoolers? Try this Snowflake Craft for Kids. We love creating Christmas tree ornaments with kids. This helps the kids anticipate the Christmas season. And it gives them a sense of pride that their work takes a special place on the Christmas tree.
Snowflake Craft for Kids
Materials needed for this snowflake craft for kids:
- 3 craft sticks
- PVA glue (or a strong white glue)
- White buttons of varying shapes and sizes
- Gold or silver glitter
- Any colored ribbon or string
How to make the snowflake craft for kids:
- Form an asterisk with the 3 craft sticks and glue the center of the craft sticks together. This will be the base of the snowflake. This can be done by school-aged kids, but adults will probably have to do this part for young toddlers.
- Now for the fun bit: Using a paint brush or a glue spreader, let your little one spread PVA glue all over the 3 craft sticks, then allow the kids to stick on the white buttons all throughout the craft sticks.
- Sprinkle some glitter, shaking off the excess.
- At the back of the snowflake craft, glue on a piece of ribbon in a loop.
- Allow the snowflake craft to dry. And hang them on your Christmas tree!
It’s that simple. Create many pieces of this craft, add some silver tinsel and silver Christmas balls on your tree, and you would have created an elegant white and silver themed Christmas tree. It will be a tree that’s truly your own, and the kids will beam with pride at seeing their creations hung on the tree over the holidays.
This post is part of the Toddler Christmas Activity Blog Hop hosted by My Bored Toddler.
This post contains affiliate links