Isn’t this an adorable 2-in-1 color sorting and craft activity? Wouldn’t it make a great St. Patrick’s day craft for preschool too? If you agree, then grab some colored buttons and the free printable below to make this Rainbow Buttons color sorting and craft activity with your little ones.
What you need for this Rainbow Buttons Activity:
- Craft Buttons in varying colors
- Cotton balls (or cotton wool)
- Rainbow Buttons Printable <<< CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR THE FREE PRINTABLE
Rainbow Buttons Color Sorting & Craft Activity:
- Print the Rainbow Buttons Printable.
- Spread some glue all over the rainbow and cloud.
- Let your child stick cotton balls (or cotton wool) to form the clouds.
- Then for the fun color sorting part! Let your child match a colored button to one of the colors of the rainbow. The rainbow arcs on the printable contains colored dots to guide the kids where each color goes (the biggest arc is red, the next is orange, the next is yellow and so forth).
And when each arc is filled with colored buttons, your child has then finished the Rainbow Buttons color sorting and craft activity.
The glue is actually optional. For preschools, you can also laminate the Rainbow Buttons Printable. Then let the kids re-use the sheet for a color sorting and color recognition activity. Kids will still love creating rainbows through colored buttons in this play based learning activity.
Kidz Activities is a site filled with kids crafts, art activities, play based learning ideas, kid friendly recipes, birthday party ideas and parenting tips. We love sharing ideas that can help parents enjoy their kids through fun, simple, inexpensive yet creative activities.
Here are more activities inspired by St. Patrick’s Day….
St Patrick’s Day Preschool Potion Play from Crafty Kids at Home
Egg Carton Shamrock Craft from Play & Learn Everyday
The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day from Kelly’s Classroom
Rainbow Rainmaker from Mum in the Mad House
Michael Finnigan Craft from Craftulate
Shamrock sun catcher craft from The Gingerbread House
Rainbow Hearts Craft from Our Whimsical Days
Shamrock Stones from Sunny Day Family
Luck of the Irish Mickey Mouse Oreo Pops from Crafty Mama in ME
Kids’ Kitchen: Over the Rainbow Cupcakes from Sugar, Spice & Glitter
St Patrick’s Day Counting Worksheet from Larabee UK
Pot of Gold Number Mats from The Kindergarten Connection
St Patricks’s Day Playdough from Clares Little Tots
Rainbow Buttons Color Sorting & Craft Activity from Kidz Activities
Pot o’ Gold DIY Piggy Bank from Playground Parkbench
Rainbow Duct Tape Rainbows from Teach Me Mommy
Free Printable: How To Make & Set Up A Leprechaun Trap with Leprechaun Letter from Play Dough & Popsicles