I make this quick and easy banana bread recipe at least once a week in our home. The kids love them! They eat them for breakfast, afternoon snack or sometimes pack some in their lunchbox for school. When the kids are home, they love to help make it. The prep work only involves mashing up the bananas and mixing all the ingredients together in one bowl – it’s that quick and easy! So easy that it’s one of our favorite kid friendly recipes.
Preparation: 10 minutes; Cooking Time: 45 minutes
What you need for this Quick and Easy Banana Bread Recipe:
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups self-raising flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: Chocolate chips or Raspberries & White Chocolate
* If you don’t have self-raising flour, here’s an alternative: 1.5 cups plain white flour plus 2 tsp. baking powder.
Note: You can reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup if the bananas are overripe
How to make this Quick and Easy Banana Bread Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas, sugar, egg and butter until combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients: flour and sprinkle in the salt and cinnamon. Mix all till combined. Optional step: For a bit of variety, my kids sometimes request that I put in chocolate chips or raspberries & white chocolate. If you decide to do this, omit the cinnamon in the recipe and mix it in with the rest of the batter at this stage.
4. Pour the batter into a greased loaf tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Test if it is cooked by poking a tooth pick in the middle of the loaf. If the tooth pick comes out clean, it is cooked.
Quick and Easy Banana Muffin Option:
This same recipe can be made into banana muffins. After Step #3, pour the batter into a greased 12-muffin tray. Fill it only up to 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
I hope you liked this quick and easy banana bread recipe. Tell me how yours worked out by leaving a comment below.