This Pasta Carbonara for Kids is a very quick and easy meal that my own children absolutely love! Here we share one of our favorite kid friendly recipes of all time…
What you need for this Pasta Carbonara for Kids:
- 500g. pasta (spaghetti or fettuccine work well with carbonara)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 stalks of celery, finely diced (optional)
- 250g. bacon strips
- 600ml. cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to Make this Pasta Carbonara for Kids:
- Cook the pasta according to the packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the cream, eggs and parmesan in a bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. And set aside.
- On medium-high heat, saute the garlic, onion and celery (if you decide to put it in… I finely dice the celery so that my kids don’t recognize what it is. The carbonara recipe will work fine without it, but for me, it just gives that added flavour and added vegetable to my kids’ diet).
- Add the bacon and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- When the onions are translucent and bacon is cooked, turn the heat down to low, then add the cream/egg/parmesan mixture, continuously stirring to prevent the eggs from scrambling. Let the mixture thicken slightly (approximately 5 minutes).
- Then add the cooked pasta into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
Serve immediately and enjoy!