As moms, we are always so busy that a quick dinner and less pots to wash will always be a godsend. So that’s why I decided to share this one pan chicken casserole recipe. It is so easy that a young child can help do the prep work! But best of all, we only used one glass pan (like Pyrex) from food preparation to baking and serving, that there is only one pan to wash! I’ve put this down as one of our kid friendly recipes because my kids loved it!
One Pan Chicken Casserole Ingredients:
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 300ml. sour cream
- 1/3 cup white wine* (or substitute with chicken broth)
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 kilo chicken thigh fillets
One Pan Chicken Casserole Method:
1. Mix the first 7 ingredients in the Pyrex pan until well combined.
2. Drop the chicken thighs into the mixture, just making sure all the pieces are covered in the sauce.
3. Bake covered with foil at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 1 hour. The chicken will come out very tender and completely covered in the lovely sauce.
Serve on top of rice or mashed potatoes and a side of steamed vegetables. Or you can also serve it on pasta.
* I am personally not fussed about cooking with wine for the entire family, as long as I bake it for at least an hour so that the alcohol content evaporates. If you aren’t comfortable with using wine, there are many non-alcoholic substitutes you can use.
Do you have easy recipes, such as this one pan chicken casserole, that you’d like to share with other moms? If so, we’d love to hear from you!