We are doing letter E crafts this week! This is a simple 2-in-1 activity to aid preschool kids in upper case letter ‘E’ and lower case letter ‘e’ recognition. These letter E crafts involve cutting and pasting, which are great for preschool kids’ fine motor skills. Although we refer to these as crafts for preschool kids, this can also be great crafts for toddlers.
Materials needed for these Letter E Crafts:
- Letter E Crafts: Exciting Egg Exercises Printable by Kidz Activities
- Cut up pieces of colored paper
- Cotton Balls
- Glue stick
How to create these Letter E Crafts:
1. Print out the Letter E Crafts: Exciting Egg Exercises Printable
2. For the big letter ‘E’, let your child stick colored paper on the letter ‘E’. This helps in letter E recognition. After, let him/her stick a different color (or a combination of colors) outside the letter E, but within the egg.
3. For the small letter ‘e’, let your child stick cotton balls on the letter ‘e’. This again helps with letter recognition. When done, let him/her stick crumpled yellow colored paper inside the hole of the letter ‘e’, to pretend this is the yolk of the egg.
To create a bit of extra fun, we cut zigzag lines across the big letter ‘E’ egg to pretend that we are cracking the egg to bring out the small letter ‘e’ egg (egg yolk and egg white). My daughter had a lot of fun doing this and we achieved our goal of letter E/e recognition.