We are learning the letter B this week. And to supplement this learning, we are making a Letter B Bear Craft. This is a great craft for preschool aged kids trying to learn their letters, but an easy enough craft for toddlers too. It exercises fine motor skills, particularly the pincer grasp, the ability to pick up small objects using their thumb and forefinger.
Letter B bear craft materials:
- Brown yarn (or ‘wool’ as it is called in Australia and the UK)
- Letter B bear craft Printable by Kidz Activities (click this link to download for free)
- Glue stick
Instructions to make this letter B bear craft:
1. Print the letter B bear craft printable . Cut out the letter B and all other parts that make up the brown bear.
2. First stick the letter B on a clean piece of paper.
3. Then stick the brown bear’s head, front paws, back paws and tail. We are doing a sitting bear for our craft. But you can play around with it and turn the paper horizontally and create a bear on all its 4 paws and adjust the head and paws accordingly. Let the kids get creative! It’s their work after all.
4. Roughly cut the brown yarn into small pieces. Let your little one stick the ‘fur’ of the bear all over it’s body, but still forming the ‘B’ shape.
And there you have this simple letter B bear craft!
Visit these other amazing resources for more letter B craft ideas and activities:
And in case you missed it… Check out the crafts we did with the Letter A:
Did you like this letter B bear craft idea? Join us again at Kidz Activities as we explore the other letters in the coming weeks!