The Minions Movie will be released soon and I’m sure a lot of kids are excited! So why not surprise your kids by making them a Minion sandwich! We were inspired by the minion sandwiches created by Eats Amazing. And decided to create our own version of a minion sandwich by giving it a healthy, Asian-inspired twist. This is one of those kid friendly recipes you can definitely make for their lunch box! Read on to get step-by-step instructions on how to make a minion sandwich.
How to Make a Minion Sandwich
Ingredients to Make a Minion Sandwich:
- 2 slices of bread
- Ham or any filling of choice
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 sheet of Nori for Sushi (Japanese Seaweed)
- Japanese Kewpie Mayonnaise (or any other mayonnaise brand)
Utensils Needed to Make a Minion Sandwich:
- Milk or juice bottle cap
- Bread knife
- Kitchen scissors
How to put together the Minion Sandwich:
1. Remove the top and side skins of the bread, shaping the top bit along the way, to create a curved top (like the top of a minion’s head).
2. Spread a thin layer of Kewpie mayonnaise on both pieces of bread. This is not only for flavor, but this also acts as a ‘glue’ for the filling and the nori. Put ham (or other filling) on top of one slice of bread.
3. Cut a long, thin strip of nori (approximately 1cm. wide). Put the nori horizontally on the remaining piece of bread, securing the ends underneath that piece of bread. The mayonnaise underneath will hold the nori in place.
4. Using a milk or juice cap, cut out circle shapes from the cheese. Cut some nori in circles, using the circle cheese shapes as guide.
5. Put the circle shaped nori on top of the thin strip of nori. And put the cheese on top of the nori. Cut out a smaller circle of nori to complete the eye of the minion. If needed, secure these pieces with a dab of mayonnaise in between layers.
6. Cut out some hair and a smiling mouth from the leftover nori.
And that’s it! A super easy, healthy, Asian-inspired minion sandwich! Do you have other cute sandwich ideas? We’d love to see them! Post your ideas on the Kidz Activities Facebook page.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.