Let your kids make these Easter chocolate nests as a special treat over the Easter season. It is one of those kid friendly recipes that’s a lot of fun to make! It’s so easy that it involves minimal adult supervision. And it’s appropriate for kids of all ages. Even a 2-year old can actively take part in mixing and spooning the chocolate rice bubbles into paper cups.
Ingredients for Easter chocolate nests:
- 300g. of chocolate
- 80g. butter (1/3 of a 250g. bar)
- 1T. golden syrup
- 2 cups of rice bubbles
- Chocolate Easter eggs
Method for Easter chocolate nests:
1. On a saucepan, melt the chocolate along with the butter and golden syrup.
2. Once melted, mix the rice bubbles with the melted chocolate mixture.
3. Line a muffin tray with paper cups. Spoon the rice bubble/chocolate mixture on the paper cups.
4. Press the center down with a teaspoon to create a ‘cup’ for the mini chocolate Easter eggs.
5. Refrigerate until set, approximately 30 minutes.
6. Decorate with chocolate Easter eggs.