Are you in search for a kid made Father’s Day gift? Here’s a really simple one, which dad can put on his office desk or bed side table: ‘My Dad Rocks’ Father’s Day Craft. Read on to see how we created this Father’s Day gift. And if you’re looking for more kid made crafts, be sure to visit the Crafts for Preschool page of Kidz Activities.
My Dad Rocks Father’s Day Craft
What you need:
- Popsicle sticks (known as Paddle pop sticks in Australia)
- Glue and/or Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- My Dad Rocks Father’s Day Craft Printable by Kidz Activities <<< CLICK ON THIS LINK TO GET THE FREE PRINTABLE. Note: The printable contains 6 ‘My Dad Rocks’ texts, specifically for those doing this craft activity with multiple kids.
How to make it:
- Take 3 Popsicle sticks. And spread some glue or Mod Podge on one side. Then lay them out horizontally. Leave enough gaps so that when another Popsicle stick is put on top vertically, the first horizontal stick touches the top, the 2nd stick the middle and the 3rd stick the bottom part of the vertical Popsicle stick.
- Take a 4th Popsicle stick. Press this stick on top of the 3 horizontal Popsicle sticks, preferably starting at the very edge. Place a 5th Popsicle stick beside the 4th one and continue on until the 3 horizontal Popsicle sticks are covered with 11 vertical Popsicle sticks. You would have then created a square frame at this point.
- Print the Free My Dad Rocks Father’s Day Craft Printable by Kidz Activities, cut them out and glue onto the square frame. I usually put a layer of Mod Podge on top of the printable as well, because Mod Podge acts as a sealant. This way, the ‘My Dad Rocks’ text is protected from particles, dust and water.
- Glue on small rocks around the ‘My Dad Rocks’ text.
- Optional: Make a stand for the frame.
- Take 2 Popsicle sticks and glue them side by side.
- Before the glue dries up, put glue on one end of a 3rd Popsicle stick and insert it in between the 2 Popsicle sticks.
- Angle the 3rd Popsicle stick so that the unglued end sits right below the top most horizontal Popsicle stick on the square frame.
- Apply glue on the other end of the 2 Popsicle sticks. And press the square frame to this other end.
Would dad love this kid made ‘My Dad Rocks’ Father’s Day Craft? We certainly hope so.