These chocolate puff pastry twists are fun and easy to make. It’s so easy that kids as young as 3 years old can help make them. While school aged kids can possibly make these all on their own. Here’s an idea: let your kids make this for their next play date! This kid friendly recipe will surely impress their guests – both kids and adults alike.
Ingredients for these chocolate puff pastry twists:
- Puff pastry (1 square sheet will make 8 chocolate puff pastry twists)
- Brown sugar
- A bit of milk
- Milk chocolate (or dark chocolate)
Method for these chocolate puff pastry twists:
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on a sheet of puff pastry.
3. Slice the square sheet into 8 triangles, by creating an asterisk (slicing the sheet into 4, thereby creating 4 squares, and then slicing from corner to corner).
4. Starting with the wider edge of the triangle, roll the puff pastry. Then set on a baking tray with the small flap facing up.
5. Brush a thin layer of milk on top of the puff pastry twists.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the puff pastry twists are golden brown.
7. Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave (on high for 30 seconds).
8. Using a teaspoon, drizzle melted chocolate onto the puff pastry twists.
Serve as is. Or serve alongside a small bowl of melted chocolate, if you still have some leftover. If your kids have a sweet tooth like mine, they will love dipping their chocolate puff pastry creations into the bowl of melted chocolate.