These chocolate Oreo pops will be one of the easiest treats you will ever make with your kids. A tried and tested kid friendly recipe, Kidz Activities shows you how to make them – no bake, no fuss, but a lot of fun!
What you need to make chocolate Oreo pops:
- Oreo cookies
- Melted chocolate (white, milk or dark, depending on preferences)*
- Popsicle sticks (in some countries, they call this paddle pop sticks)
- Wax paper
- Sprinkles (optional)
* the fastest way to melt chocolate is to put it in the microwave for around 30 seconds
How to make chocolate Oreo pops:
1. Separate the 2 chocolate biscuits, exposing the white cream filling.
2. Using a teaspoon, drizzle some melted chocolate on the white cream filling. Then place a popsicle stick on top of the melted chocolate. Drizzle more melted chocolate on top of the popsicle stick. Then put the 2nd Oreo biscuit (the side without the cream filling) on top. Press gently.
3. Allow the chocolate to set for around 20 minutes.
4. Now for the fun (and messy!) bit. Dip each Oreo into melted chocolate. Lay the chocolate Oreo pop on wax paper.
5. Allow your kids to decorate the chocolate Oreo pops any way they like. My kids gathered a pinch of sprinkles and delicately dusted each chocolate Oreo pop with their little fingers. It was a slow process, but I didn’t complain. It kept them busy for a good half an hour, decorating a few chocolate Oreo pops. And I thought it was good for their fine motor skills too (now that’s a bonus!).
Allow the chocolate to set and then enjoy!
Extra Tip: Use white chocolate and blue sprinkles, and this will be the perfect treat for a Frozen Party!