Make Chocolate dipped Candy Cane Marshmallows with the kids this Christmas! This is one of those kid friendly recipes that is very easy to make. There is no cooking required. And it only requires 3 simple ingredients.
3 ingredients to make Chocolate dipped Candy Cane Marshmallows:
- Candy canes (a pack of 30 will make 25 chocolate dipped candy cane marshmallows – the remaining 5 will be crushed to coat the chocolate)
- 50g. dark chocolate (you may use milk chocolate but we prefer dark to balance out the sweetness)
- 1 pack of large marshmallows
Method to make Chocolate dipped Candy Cane Marshmallows:
1. Break up chocolate into pieces, place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Chocolate retains its shape even when soft, so give the chocolate a stir to check if it is indeed melted.
2. Insert the bottom tip of a candy cane into a large marshmallow. Do this for 25 candy canes.
3. Place the remaining 5 candy canes in a sealed plastic bag. Then using the back of a spoon, smash the candy canes into small pieces.
4. Dip the candy cane marshmallow into melted chocolate, making sure to coat the sides of the marshmallow. Then dip into the crushed candy cane.
Let the kids have the candy cane marshmallows as a treat by itself. Or dip it in hot chocolate – Yum!
Did you like this Christmas treat idea? If you did, please Like the Kidz Activities Facebook page to get more ideas of things to do with your kids.