Biscuit decorating is an extremely easy and fun way to keep kids entertained. With just a packet of store bought biscuits, ready-made icing and various toppings for biscuit decorating, you can whip up this kids activity in minutes. So for our 2 daughters’ Frozen themed birthday party (a small, stress-free gathering of cousins and close friends), we decided to do just that: Biscuit decorating.
What you need for Biscuit Decorating
- A packet or 2 of your favorite store bought biscuits. In our case, we used Marie biscuits (‘Maria’ branding by Aldi)
- Ready made icing. We used chocolate and vanilla. For the vanilla flavored one, we divided this into 2. Then we mixed a few drops of blue food coloring on one and a few drops of red food coloring on the other one to create pink colored icing. The kids then decided they wanted green colored icing. Not wanting to go out and buy more ready made icing in the store, I mixed 1.5 cups of icing mixture with 1-3T. of milk and green food coloring. I kept adding milk to the icing mixture, until I got the desired consistency.
- Biscuit decorating toppings:
- Blue and white M&Ms to stick with the Frozen party theme
- Snowflake fondant cut outs and letter fondant cut outs (which were actually leftover from the Frozen themed birthday cake we made). To create the snowflakes, we purchased this 3Pcs/Set Snowflake Fondant Cake Decorating Cutter for less than $3.
Biscuit Decorating Steps
There are no steps! Leave it to each child’s imagination to create snowflake themed biscuits, reindeer biscuits, biscuits with their name, or simply biscuits topped full of marshmallows and M&Ms! Here are some of the kids’ creations from this biscuit decorating activity…
After the biscuit decorating activity, we placed each child’s creations in a Clear Treat Bag . We also printed Frozen themed Thank You labels, stapled them to the clear treat bags and gave these in lieu of loot bags. You can download this Frozen themed Thank You labels for free by clicking on this link: Free Printable – Frozen Thank You labels
We hope you liked this simple biscuit decorating Frozen party activity by Kidz Activities. If you did, please Follow Kidz Activities on Pinterest and Like Kidz Activities on Facebook to get more easy and fun stuff to do with your kids.