Do you have Nutella lovers in your family? My kids LOVE Nutella. If they could have Nutella on toast every single day, they seriously would. Now have your kids tried Nutella on banana bread? One morning, my daughter had this idea of smothering her toasted banana bread with Nutella. And guess what, it was sinfully delicious! THAT became the inspiration for this Banana Nutella Muffins recipe. This is such an easy recipe that the kids practically made the muffins all on their own. This is definitely one of our favorite kid friendly recipes.
Banana Nutella Muffins
What you need to make Banana Nutella Muffins:
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 teaspoons of Nutella
How to make Banana Nutella Muffins:
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas, sugar, egg and butter until combined.
4. Line a muffin pan with baking paper cut into squares or cupcake liners. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin compartment. This recipe makes 10 banana Nutella muffins.
5. Drop 1 teaspoon of Nutella on top of the banana batter. Then using a tooth pick, create swirls. The kids loved doing this part. I just had to remind them not to swirl too much. But instead, to swirl just enough so it created a marbled effect.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Test if it is cooked by poking a tooth pick in the middle of one muffin. If the tooth pick comes out clean, it is cooked.
These muffins are great as an afternoon snack or a breakfast treat.
If your kids liked this, they’d probably like our go-to Quick and Easy Banana Bread Recipe as well. And if your family loves Nutella, here are other recipes you can try:
Find more easy recipes that kids will love by visiting the Kid Friendly Recipes page.
This Banana Nutella Muffins recipe is part of the A-Z Cooking with Kids series. Add your own cooking with kids recipes to the linky below. All relevant links will be added to a special Pinterest board.