This Baked Zucchini Frittata recipe is a very versatile dish that you can have at any time of the day. It’s a nutritious and filling breakfast. It’s a kid friendly recipe, so it’s great to pack in a school kids’ lunch box. It’s a lovely dish to bring for morning or afternoon tea. And paired with salad, it’s great to have for dinner too. This recipe freezes well, so I like to make the recipe in muffin cups. I freeze most of it, and take a few individual portions out as needed. This method makes breakfast preparation so easy. All I do is get however many I need from the freezer, pop them in the microwave, and breakfast is done. For the kids, I put frozen zucchini frittatas in their lunch boxes and it’s thawed out by lunchtime.
Baked Zucchini Frittata Ingredients
- 5 eggs
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup self raising flour*
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g. bacon, diced
- salt & pepper
* If you don’t have self-raising flour, an alternative is 1 cup plain white flour plus 1 tsp. baking powder.
Baked Zucchini Frittata Method
- Beat the eggs.
- Grate zucchinis and carrots (or mince in a food processor). Add the veggies to the eggs.
- Add flour, cheese, salt & pepper to egg mixture.
- Saute onions and bacon until the onions are soft and bacon cooked through. Add this to the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into 18 muffin cups.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until the egg has set.
Print this Baked Zucchini Frittata Recipe
Click on the Print icon below