Are you looking for a simple fall activity for kids? Why not make this Autumn Forest Craft? It’s an easy to set up activity, a perfect craft for preschool. The outcome is a beautiful autumn forest, which kids can use in a pretend play activity.
Autumn Forest Craft for Preschool
What you need:
- Playdough (check out our playdough recipe in autumn colors)
- Cut up pieces of red, orange, yellow and brown paper
- Cardboard for base (such as an opened up cereal box)
- Glue and paint brush
How to Make this Autumn Forest Craft for Preschool:
- Lay the cardboard flat. Roll playdough into balls and position them on different parts of the cardboard. These will be the base of the trees.
- Stick twigs through the playdough.
- Using a paint brush, apply glue on the twigs and stick the cut up pieces of paper in autumn colors. If the ‘leaves’ fall from the branches and onto the ground, it doesn’t matter. It is after all, the fall season.
When the kids are done, use this Autumn Forest Craft for a pretend play activity. Notice how Elsa and some princesses are singing within the Autumn forest. Or maybe the kids would like to play some Star Wars chasing adventure through the fall trees.
If you liked this idea, check out the many other crafts for preschool by Kidz Activities. We also believe in play based learning and use pretend play as a means for kids to learn. Check out the other pretend play activities created by Kidz Activities: Yellow Bee Pretend Play and Under the Sea Pretend Play.
Kidz Activities is a site filled with kids crafts, art activities, play based learning ideas, kid friendly recipes, birthday party ideas and parenting tips. We love sharing ideas that can help parents enjoy their kids through fun, simple, inexpensive yet creative activities.